7718, ATHENIAN, Austin (TX), University of Texas, Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art, 1980.63
- Vase Number: 7718
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: LEKYTHOS
- Date: -500 to -450
- Attributed To: OIONOKLES P by NEILS
- Decoration: Body: NIKE FLYING WITH KITHARA AND PHIALE
- Current Collection: Austin (TX), University of Texas, Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art: 1980.63
- Publication Record: Boreas: 12 (1989), 26, FIG.3.1, PL.18.1
Neils, J. et al., Goddess and Polis, The Panathenaic Festival in Ancient Athens (Princeton, 1992): 59, NO.22 (COLOUR)
Shapiro, H. (ed.), Art, Myth and Culture, Greek Vases from Southern Collections (Tulane, 1981): 33, NO.9
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=2049
- AVI Record Number: 1918
- CAVI Collection: Austin, University of Texas 1980.63.
- CAVI Lemma: RF lekythos. Oionokles Painter (Neils). Second quarter fifth. Ca. 470
- CAVI Subject: Nike flying to left while looking back, with phiale in her right hand and
cithara in the left.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Under the wings: a nonsense inscription.
- CAVI Comments: The full Museum name is: Austin, TX, University of Texas, Archer M.
Huntington Art Gallery. - Serbeti says there is a nonsense inscription under
Nike's wing, but J. Robertson, assistant registrar of the museum, says there are
only small strokes similar to letters.
- CAVI Number: 1918
- AVI Bibliography: Neils (1981), 32/9. — Serbeti (1989), fig. 1. — Neils (1992a), 158/22,
colored fig. at 59.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/07ECF4A8-D471-467D-A4F9-FB891DF3DEA9