6085, Satricum, Temple of Mater Matuta II
- Record number: 6085
- Site: Satricum
- Building or zone: Temple of Mater Matuta II
- Position: Pediment corner
- Roof element: Acroteria, lateral
- Remarks: Fragment of lateral acroterion of palmette(?)/wing(?). Large fragment of curving spines, more sharply curved to right of fragment. Between ridges, concave leaves/ feathers, painted alternating with black outline and red central stripe (broader at top) or red outline and black central stripe on light brown ground. Flat back with traces of red-brown curving bands (palmette leaves?).
- Type of decoration: Palmette(?)/ wing(?)
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia: 10190
- Height: 16.2
- Width: 13.5
- MPD: 3.2
- Clay: 7.5YR 7/4(?)
- Paint: Slip 10YR 8/3. Red 7.5R 4/4. Leaves/ feathers painted alternating with black outline and red central stripe (broader at top) or red outline and black central stripe on light brown ground.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/07DC7564-81E9-4A68-B247-A13BFC59B140