203, Caere, N/NE of theater
- Record number: 203
- Site: Caere
- Building or zone: N/NE of theater
- Position: Eaves
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Comparanda: Basel 1921.564; Berlin TC 6681.3 (5), TC 6681.3 (6); Philadelphia MS 1813; Metropolitan Museum 96.18.154 (GR 1031)
- Remarks: Antefix with female head. H hair 4, with finger waves. Eyes are large raised flat planes with outer channel, painting not following contours. Bottom lip sharply moulded edge. Th plaque 2.3, H overhang below cover tile 3.2. Head hollowed below cover tile.
- Bibliography: Breitenstein 1941, p. 80, No. 770, Pl. 93:3; Riis 1964, 83 (dated 565/45-525/00); Winter 2009a, pp. 439-440, 6.C.4.d
- Publication record: Danish National Museum. Catalogue of terracottas: Cypriote, Greek, Etrusco-Italian and Roman
Etruscan or modern?
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Female head
- Current Collection: National Museum: ABb 297
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 19.6
- Width: 14.9
- MPD: 14
- Clay: 7.5YR 6/6
- Paint: Cream slip 10YR 8/3, red 10R 4/6, turquoise on diadem, black
- Height face: 14.3
- Distance outer eyes: 8.7?
- Width mouth: 3.7
- Inner H cover tile: 10.5
- Outer H cover tile: 12.2
- Inner W cover tile: 10
- Outer W cover tile: 14.1
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/058EAD99-FDC6-4D24-82B6-EDFD8E1A101F