- Record number: 7616
- Site: Tivoli
- Roof element: Pedimental sculpture
- Remarks: Pedimental sculpture of female figure. Ca. life-sized. High, knotty tree trunk at her left. Mostly nude except for drapery tucked between thighs. Bottom restored--now removed. H including (former) restored plinth 102. Finished side and top edges, plaque painted black with many large holes. Hollow, handmade with thick wall connecting front and back across lower body. Large vent in back.
- Bibliography: Helbig4 I, pp. 584-585, no. 792; Andrén 1940, pp. 371-372, no. II:4, Pl. 114:404; Pairault Massa 1992, pp. 181-185, fig. 175; Pairault-Massa 1993a, fig. 8 Nymph and trees
- Publication record: Architectural terracottas from Etrusco-Italic Temples
Führer durch die öffentlichen Sammlungen klassischer Altertümer in Rome, Bd. 1-4. 4., völlig neu bearb. Aufl. Hrsg. Von H. Speier
Iconologia e politica nell'Italia antica. Roma, Lazio, Etruria dal VII al I sec. a.C.
- Type of decoration: Female figure
- Current Collection: Museo Etrusco Gregoriano: 14104
- Mouldmade: no
- Clay: Buff
- Paint: Tree light blue and gold and pink, painted over white. Flesh pink. Drapery dark purple border with light blue hem, white cloth.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/047ED8AE-14DF-4B19-A4D7-3F559978A751