Cast Gallery catalogue number: B130b
The Trojan priest Laocoon and his two sons, attacked at an altar by serpents.
Laocoon's right arm has been restored incorrectly: it should be bent sharply at the elbow, with the hand next to the right ear.
- Plaster cast: Height: 2.38m, Width: 1.65m.
- Copy of a marble statue.
- The statue:
- is known as the Laocoon Group.
- is a version by the Rhodian sculptors Hagesandros, Polydoros and Athenodoros, of an original of about 200 BC.
- was found in Rome on the Esquiline in 1506.
- is now in Rome, Musei Vaticani, Cortile Ottagono, inv. 1059, 1064, 1067.