Cast Gallery catalogue number: A024
On the left, a woman seated on a throne. The rectangular gap is a false doorway, over which are a cow and calf. Three women bearing offerings approach a second seated woman at the right.
- Plaster cast: Height: 1.04m, Width: 2.56m.
- Copy of part of a marble frieze.
- The frieze:
- is from the west side of the Harpy Tomb at Xanthos in Lycia.
- was made about 470 BC.
- was discovered at Xanthos in 1838 by Charles Fellows.
- is now in London, British Museum, B.287.