7401, Pyrgi, Temple A
- Record number: 7401
- Site: Pyrgi
- Building or zone: Temple A
- Roof element: Door Revetments
- Remarks: Door revetments. Nail hole Diam 1. Profile from side to side, inner to outer: Rounded moulding, W 1.4, D 2.4. Recessed band W 1.5, D 2. Convex strigils W 5.8, D 2.8. Rounded moulding, W 1.2, D 2.6, with painted diagonal bands. Flat fascia W 5.8, D 2.7, with painted concentric circles, Diam outer 5.5/ 3.7/ 2.7/ 1.5 Roll with painted diagonal bands, W 1.2, D 2.6. Relief floral frieze W 9.8, Th plaque 2, + relief 2.5, with pendent palmettes and double calyx lotuses with arcs above. 2 different clays, 1 brown, 1 pink, this with clearest mould. Brown clay has variant with no mouldings above strigil.
- Type of decoration: Concentric circles/painted diagonal bands/relief floral
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Pyrgi
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 46
- Width: 26.5
- Clay: 7.5YR 7/4 (two clays, 1 brown, 1 pink (given)
- Paint: Painted concentric circles on flat fascia black/ white/ red/ white, on black ground with white hearts in corners.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/F8D9F246-EA6A-49C0-BF1E-BA31C380E0DA