3548, Poggio Civitate, CA2H/Courtyard building
- Record number: 3548
- Site: Poggio Civitate
- Building or zone: CA2H/Courtyard building
- Position: Ridge
- Roof element: Acroteria, animal statues
- Remarks: Large section of ridge tile with finished front and side edge, with 2 feline forepaws with 5 toes. Th tiles 2.8 (front)-3.5 (middle). W paw 6.4, MPH paw 3.7. Distance paws to tile front 7.5. Distance paw to side edge 15.3.
- Bibliography: Case e palazzi d'Etruria 1985, p. 112, 3.310; Edlund-Berry 1992, p. 223, no. C.5; Phillips 1993, p. 24; Newland 1994, pp. 66-67, no. 91; Winter 2009a, p. 206, 3.E.4.a
- Publication record: Case e palazzi d'Etruria
In the hills of Tuscany. Recent excavations at the Etruscan site of Poggio Civitate (Murlo, Siena)
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
The akroterial sculpture and architectural terracottas from the Upper Building at Murlo
The seated and standing statue akroteria from Poggio Civitate (Murlo)
- Type of decoration: Feline forepaws
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate: 68-510 110473
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 13.8
- Width: 34 (40R)
- MPD: 20
- Clay: 5YR 4/6
- Paint: Surface of ridge tile brown at front. Level with back of paws, tile painted red 10R 4/6. Sphinx paws painted dark orange-red 2.5YR 4/8.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/F12B596D-DFD0-47A8-9562-80E841AE5E95