953, Rome, S. Omobono 2nd phase temple
- Record number: 953
- Site: Rome
- Building or zone: S. Omobono 2nd phase temple
- Position: Pedimental apex
- Roof element: Acroterion base
- Comparanda: Gjerstad 1960, fig. 128.6?
- Remarks: Large fragment of rounded moulding (H 2.2) with raised ridge at back, tapering towards bottom, & projecting flat fascia (MPH 7.8, projecting 3 from round moulding). Paint & decoration = 15854
- Bibliography: Winter 2009a, p. 386, 5.E.4; Winter 2011, p. 65, fig. 6
- Publication record: Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
The evolution of bases for acroteria in Etruria and Latium (640/630-510 B.C.)
- Associated elements: 15854, IX5 3981, 15875, 15873, 15874, 15880, 15881, 15882, 15876, 16056 (with feline hind legs attached)
- Type of decoration: Oblique bands/rippled edge
- Current Collection: Antiquarium Comunale: IX5 3979
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/CE086CA1-621C-4DD9-8ECB-6948E4A499D2