275325, ATHENIAN, Durham (N.C.), Duke University, Museum of Art, London, market, Sotheby's, Philadelphia (PA), market, 1966.6
- Vase Number: 275325
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: LEKYTHOS
- Date: -475 to -425
- Attributed To: BOWDOIN P by BEAZLEY
- Decoration: Body: EROS FLYING TO ALTAR WITH PHIALE
- Current Collection: Durham (N.C.), Duke University, Museum of Art: 1966.6
- Previous Collections:
- Philadelphia (PA), market
- London, market, Sotheby's
- Publication Record: A Generation of Antiquities, The Duke Classical Collection 1964-1994, Duke Univ. Museum of Art 20.1-26.3. 1995 (Durham, 1994): PL.22.58
Beazley, J.D., Attic Red-Figure Vase-Painters, 2nd edition (Oxford, 1963): 1665.126BIS
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=3576
- AVI Record Number: 3399
- CAVI Collection: Durham, NC, Duke University 1966.6.
- CAVI Lemma: RF lekythos. Bowdoin Painter. Second quarter fifth. Ca. 470 (Stanley).
- CAVI Subject: A flying Eros pouring a libation on an altar.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Around the upper part of the figure, starting above the right wing: [κ]αλος.
- CAVI Comments: S. refers the inscription to the Eros. - Most inscriptions on vases by the
Bowdoin Painter are nonsense, frequently involving sigmas. But London
1906.12-15.5 has κα[λο]ς, and Oxford 265, WG, seems to have Nι[κε]. Both also
- CAVI Number: 3399
- AVI Bibliography: NNN (19....), HespAB 16,7: no. 100. — ARV (1963), 1665/126 bis. — Stanley
(1994), 47/58, pl. 22.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/A8437B52-B692-43A9-86B2-C9F240C90794