44, ATHENIAN, London, market, Christie's
- Vase Number: 44
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: AMPHORA, NECK
- Date: -475 to -425
- Attributed To: Perhaps ACHILLES P by UNKNOWN
- Decoration: A: WOMAN
B: NIKE WITH TORCH
- Current Collection: London, market, Christie's
- Publication Record: Christie, Manson and Woods, sale catalogue: 16.3.1977, PL.25.213 (A, B)
PHOTOGRAPH(S) IN THE BEAZLEY ARCHIVE: 2 (A, B)
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=4958
- AVI Record Number: 4779a
- CAVI Collection: London Market (Christie).
- CAVI Lemma: RF Nolan amphora Achilles Painter (Robertson). 460-455 (Oakley).
- CAVI Subject: A: winged Nike with torch, to left. B: a woman to right, with outstretched
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: between the torch and the Nike's upper right arm, horizontal: καλος.
- CAVI Comments: There should be a kalos-name somewhere else on A. Oakley also knows only the
καλος, from the photo. Ionic alphabet.
- CAVI Number: 4779a
- AVI Bibliography: Oakley (1997), 117/23, pls. 13C (A, shows καλος) and 46G (B).
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/A5B1835C-2F39-450D-B5A4-58C76F65001A