3628, Poggio Civitate, Courtyard building
- Record number: 3628
- Site: Poggio Civitate
- Building or zone: Courtyard building
- Roof element: Revetment plaques,figural
- Remarks: Figural revetment plaque of cart procession frieze. 2nd example on display at museum, inventory number not visible. W cart + pole to end of horse 17.5. 2 horses with almond eyes in relief, thick harness around two-thirds of neck, 1 raised foreleg. 2 non-penetrating nail holes in frieze between 2nd figure and horses. Shoulder finely moulded. As with 68-384, left part of plaque more sharply moulded than right. Nail holes are in approximately the same places on both pieces but different sizes-- perhaps indication that nail hole was part of mould but hole was made after moulding.
- Bibliography: Andrén 1974, pp. 5-6, pl. 21, fig. 46; Rathje 1993; Winter 2009a, pp. 185-186, 3.D.5.b
- Publication record: Il fregio di Murlo: status sulle considerazioni
Osservazioni sulle terrecotte architettoniche etrusco-italiche
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Associated elements: 69-384
- Type of decoration: Cart procession to left/relief meander/relief guilloche
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate
- Mouldmade: yes
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/9F12DBFB-C382-46D0-B38C-76EC2B0DBAB9