1272, Rome, Forum Romanum - Regia III?
- Record number: 1272
- Site: Rome
- Building or zone: Forum Romanum - Regia III?
- Position: Slopes
- Roof element: Tiles, pan
- Remarks: Flat pan tile with raised side edge preserved, tapering in width towards upper end & in height towards lower end. Raised side edge finishes 3.2 cm from upper edge
- Bibliography: Downey 1995, p. 85, no. 34, figs. 49, 50; Winter et al. 2009, Table 3; Winter 2009a, p. 212, 3.F.1.a, fig. 44, Ill. 3.10.1
- Publication record: Architectural terracottas from the Regia
New light on the production of decorated roofs of the 6th c. B.C. at sites in and around Rome
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Associated elements: From Section 7: revetment plaques R65.18, R65.5/20, R65.21, R65.19, R65.6, R65.7, R65.55, R65.9, raking simas R65.10/23, R65.15, R65.16, R65.17, hanging curtain? R65.77, boot of acroterion R65.22, pan tile R65.65, cover tile R65.12
- Current Collection: Antiquarium forense: R65.64
- Height: 4.7
- Width: 20
- MPD: 78.5
- Clay: 7.5YR 7/4
- Condition: 3 joining fragments of side edge giving full length
- Thickness tile: 2.1
- Inner H raised side edge: 2.5
- Outer H raised side edge: 4.7/5
- Width raised side edge: 2.4/1.5
- Raised side edge shape: square
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/8DFF2E18-96F1-42D0-979D-9FF62DFBF5D5