9017793, ATHENIAN, Rome, Castellani, Rome, Mus. Naz. Etrusco di Villa Giulia, 102085
- Vase Number: 9017793
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: BLACK-FIGURE
- Shape Name: CUP LITTLE MASTER LIP FRAGMENT
- Date: -550 to -500
- Inscriptions: Inscription: ...]DE[...
- Decoration: A1: DEER
A2: INSCRIPTION (NONSENSE ?)
- Current Collection: Rome, Mus. Naz. Etrusco di Villa Giulia: 102085
- Previous Collections:
- Publication Record: Hannestad, L., The Castellani Fragments in the Villa Giulia, Athenian black-figure, Volume 1 (Aarhus, 1989): 64, NO.25 (A)
Immerwahr, H., A Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions, Preliminary Edition (1998): 7258
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=7516
- AVI Record Number: 7258
- CAVI Collection: Rome, Villa Giulia 102,086.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of BF lip cup. Unattributed. Third quarter sixth.
- CAVI Subject: [[Int.: not preserved.]] A: lip: hind quarters and legs of a deer.
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: handle zone: [---]δε.
- CAVI Comments: Perhaps [χαιρε και πιει τεν]δε, but the end of the inscription comes under
the rear legs of the deer so that it would have been written very much on the
left side of the handle zone. [[Size: 31 x 23.5.]]
- CAVI Number: 7258
- AVI Bibliography: Hannestad (1989), 4/25, 64/25 (ph.) [[cl.]].
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/332D2684-55BA-4508-B687-1C5276FE717E