213711, ATHENIAN, Syracuse, Museo Archeologico Regionale Paolo Orsi
- Vase Number: 213711
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: KRATER, BELL
- Provenance: ITALY, SICILY, CAMARINA
- Date: -475 to -425
- Attributed To: POLYGNOTOS, GROUP OF by BEAZLEY
- Decoration: A: EOS AND TITHONOS (?)
- Current Collection: Syracuse, Museo Archeologico Regionale Paolo Orsi
- Publication Record: Beazley, J.D., Attic Red-Figure Vase-Painters, 2nd edition (Oxford, 1963): 1056.79
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=7806
- AVI Record Number: 7532
- CAVI Collection: Syracuse.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of RF bell or calyx krater. From Camarina. Group of Polygnotos. Third
- CAVI Subject: A: Eos and Tithonos? Shoulder of one wearing a himation; shoulder of a woman
wearing a peplos.
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: between the figures: [Π]ριαμ[ος].
- CAVI Comments: For the subject, see CB. The inscription would refer to Tithonos' brother,
- CAVI Number: 7532
- AVI Bibliography: CB (1931–63), ii, 37 n. 1 (mention). — ARV (1963), 1056/79. — LIMC iii
(1986), 772, Eos 258 (as Tithonos). — Matheson (1995), 464/PGU 92 (not ill.).
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/2F862749-8542-4B26-8BC9-BF83A1CBE6B9