3568, Poggio Civitate, T17, T19/Courtyard building
- Record number: 3568
- Site: Poggio Civitate
- Building or zone: T17, T19/Courtyard building
- Position: Ridge
- Roof element: Acroteria, human statues
- Remarks: Section of ridge tile with central hole (est. Diam 11.7) with scar from seated statue and ledge with 1 booted left foot. Some deep finger marks on underside of ridge tile. Dist. hole from finished side edge 17.5. Dist. from finished side edge of ridge tile 7.5. MPH foot 4.4, MPW 7.6, MPD 9. Scar from statue wall Th 3.4. Dist. Foot from ledge side edge 5.6. Front projecting slightly beyond ledge.
- Bibliography: Case e palazzi d'Etruria 1985, p. 106, 3.268; Edlund-Berry 1992, I.8.15; Winter 2009a, pp. 196-198, 3.E.1.a
- Publication record: Case e palazzi d'Etruria
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
The seated and standing statue akroteria from Poggio Civitate (Murlo)
- Type of decoration: Seated male foot
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate: 71-295 110978
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 13.5
- Width: 30
- MPD: 42
- Paint: Brown-black paint on boot top and sole and top and bottom and sides of ledge and ridge tile side edge 10R 4/3. Ridge tile top red-brown 10R 4/6. White wash over red on boot side.
- Thickness tile: 4.5 (front)
- Height ridge tile: 8.6
- Depth ridge tile: 32
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/03D061FD-C7E6-440B-96F1-5B02D3531D65