3383, Poggio Civitate, T25 B56/OC2/Workshop
- Record number: 3383
- Site: Poggio Civitate
- Building or zone: T25 B56/OC2/Workshop
- Roof element: Moulds
- Remarks: Mould for Canopic-style head antefix. Preserves upper half of face above nose tip. Th wall 1.3 (top) - 2.9 (cheek). Outer surface of mould roughly smoothed with many small lumps of clay adhering to it. W left eye 3, W right eye 2.9. H forehead 2.4. Mould defects: stone in left forehead below line of "hair" ridge/depression; pit in lower left eyelid; pit in nose left nostril; pit in upper left cheek below outer edge of eye. Excavation notebook: C. Tutt II 1985, p. 76, find 2.
- Bibliography: E. Nielsen 1987, p. 116, fig. 84; Nielsen 1989, pp. 513-514, pl. III.d; Phillips 1993, p. 59; Winter 2009a, p. 88, 2.C.4.b
- Publication record: A new lateral sima from Poggio Civitate (Murlo)
In the hills of Tuscany. Recent excavations at the Etruscan site of Poggio Civitate (Murlo, Siena)
Some preliminary thoughts on old and new terracottas
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Associated elements: 68-196, 67-29, 67-21, 69-155, 71-586, 82-18
- Type of decoration: Human head/mask. Canopic head.
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate: 85-33 234700
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 8.7
- Width: 13.4
- MPD: 4.1
- Clay: 2.5YR 5/8
- Distance outer eyes: 7.7
- Width nose bottom: 2.4
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/0207A888-7EB1-4707-9F3C-CB13AEF96183