- Record number: 364
- Site: Caere?
- Roof element: Revetment plaques,figural
- Remarks: 2 running dogs to right, left one with black body, light brown far leg, right dog with light gold-brown hind legs. Concave tongues alternate white/black/white/brown with black outlined ridges.
- Bibliography: Christiansen 1985, pp. 139, 151, figs. 5-6; Winter 2009a, pp. 457-458, 6.D.3.a; Christiansen & Winter 2010, pp. 132-133, no. 63
- Publication record: Etruria I. Architectural terracottas and painted wall plaques, pinakes c. 625-200 BC.Catalogue, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
The Caprifico roof in its wider context
- Associated elements: HIN 808, HIN 810, HIN 811, HIN 845
- Type of decoration: Running dogs to right
- Current Collection: Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek: HIN 809
- Condition: Preserves most of strigils, part of left dog, hind legs of right dog & part of neck
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/00F9AF37-EE7E-4C02-80D7-25F6D0E432B5