Gandhara Connections is a project of the Classical Art Research Centre. Its aim is to stimulate and support the study of ancient Gandharan art and its links to the classical world of Greece and Rome, thousands of kilometres to the west. Between 2016 and 2021 these webpages will develop into a hub with resources for understanding Gandharan art and information about our workshops and other events.
Follow Gandhara Connections on Twitter and Facebook for updates about our events and research
- The 2020-2021 Gandhara Connections Lecture: Rory Stewart - 'Walking in Afghanistan'
- Recordings of 2021 Gandhara Connections workshop: The Rediscovery and Reception of Gandharan Art now available
- Watch Buddhist Artistic Expressions of Enlightenment: a special online talk by Dr Kurt Behrendt
- New introductory essay - a short overview of Jamālgarhī by Wannaporn Rienjang
- New Book: The Global Connections of Gandhāran Art